SR. CIVIL DESIGNER/ JR. ENGINEER
Civil Engineering Department
GLHN has an opening for a talented Senior Civil Designer or Junior Civil Engineer pursuing Registration. This is a mid-level production based role working directly under the Civil Engineering Department Manager. The ideal candidate should possess extensive industry experience as a designer, OR is a recent graduate in the field of Civil Engineering with proficient Civil Software skills. Proficient knowledge and skill in the planning and designing civil engineering projects specifically in the areas of Water; Sewer; Sanitary Sewer; Wastewater; Processed Water; Reclaimed Water; and Fire Water is strongly desired.
- 8-10 years’ previous civil design experience OR BS in Civil Engineering OR a combination of relevant experience and a Technical or Associate Degree from an accredited technical institution in applicable engineering design areas.
- Proficient working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software Autodesk Civil 3D, (WaterCAD, FlowMaster & Navisworks – preferred)
- Proficient in the use of MS products.
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision while adhering to project deadlines
- A deep understanding of the utility systems, and model and design of those systems
- Knowledge of Water Wells
- Knowledge of local utility codes
- Experience in Construction with an understanding of the field testing and methods
- Understanding of the difference in other disciplines and the ability to read Revit designs to understand points of connection
GLHN is a flexible firm rooted in compassion. We value our employee-owners, and a positive work-life balance is essential to our employee’s well-being in and out of the office. Please refer to the careers page for details on employee benefits.