DEPARTMENT MANAGER, ELECTRICAL
Electrical Engineering Department
GLHN has an opening for an experienced and motivated leader. The Department Manager oversees all the activities of the electrical engineering department by providing and supervising department staff and technical resources necessary for project management, engineering design, and support through all phases of project design and construction. Internally this individual has full responsibility within the department for efficient use of resources, quality control, project budgets, and schedules as well as managing relations of 8-10 direct reports. Externally this person has responsibility for writing fee proposals, coordinating with internal and external clients and maintaining client relationships. This position reports to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed/Registered Electrical Engineer, PE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience with 5+ in a supervisory role
- Proficient use in MS Office as well as discipline-specific and project management software applications
- Professional knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Medium-voltage and low-voltage power distribution and protection; lighting and power systems for buildings; exterior spaces; transportation infrastructure; outdoor recreational facilities; healthcare facilities; multi-family residential
- Skills in business development and client relationship management
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Additional accreditations or certification especially centered around sustainable design – i.e. Commissioning, LEED AP, USGB
- Proficient use in AutoCAD and Revit
GLHN is a flexible firm rooted in compassion. We value our employee-owners, and a positive work-life balance is essential to our employee’s well-being in and out of the office. Please refer to the careers page for details on employee benefits.