CIVIL ENGINEER, PE
Civil Engineering Department
GLHN has an opening for a Professionally Registered Civil Engineer. This position is responsible for producing construction documents (drawings and specifications) in compliance with the scope, budget, and project schedule to the satisfaction of GLHN clients; to provide consulting services, including reports of findings, engineering analyses, and resulting design work as necessary for review. Additionally, the Civil Engineer will actively engage in and pursue business development via networking events, project interviews, and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with a consulting/design firm as a registered engineer.
- Basic working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software Autodesk Civil 3D, (WaterCAD, FlowMaster & Navisworks – preferred)
- Proficient in the use of MS products.
- Strong project management, communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision while adhering to project deadlines
- A deep understanding of the utility systems, and model and design of those systems
- Knowledge of Water Wells
- Knowledge of local utility codes
- Experience in Construction with an understanding of the field testing and methods
- Understanding of the difference in other disciplines and the ability to read Revit designs to understand points of connection
GLHN is a flexible firm rooted in compassion. We value our employee-owners, and a positive work-life balance is essential to our employee’s well-being in and out of the office. Please refer to the careers page for details on employee benefits.