ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN
GLHN has an opening for an Architectural Job Captain. This position is a project leader that works on various projects as assigned by the Architectural Department Manager. They will indirectly report to the Project Manager responsible for each project, and directly to the Architectural Department Manager relative to general duties and overall job performance. They may oversee the entire design process or assist in a specialized design/technical role. The Architectural Job Captain is experienced in all areas of architectural practice.
This position is intended for the experienced architectural staff person who has not attained professional status.
- Bachelors in Architecture OR Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture AND a Masters in Architecture accredited by NAAB
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the field of Architecture
- Proficient working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software BIM / Revit / AutoCAD for design and document production
- Experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction company.
- Proficient use of general business applications. i.e. MS Office Suite, Virtual Meeting platforms, Project Management Software… etc.
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- 5+ years’ experience working in the field of Architecture in a commercial capacity
- 5+ years of advanced working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software BIM / Revit for design and document production with the ability to teach junior team members
- Experience working with Engineering Disciplines
- Experience in Higher Education, Healthcare, and/or High Rise Design
GLHN is a flexible firm rooted in compassion. We value our employee-owners, and a positive work-life balance is essential to our employee’s well-being in and out of the office. Please refer to the careers page for details on employee benefits.